Hey, I'm Montana.
I'm a product-oriented technologist that enjoys learning, building, and writing, mostly on Twitter.
I'm currently the co-founder of Sprise, a product studio and software agency. We've launched products like Pally.gg which has helped content creator teams earn $500k+ to date. On the agency side, we've also built software that's allowed our clients to raise a collective $12m in crowdfunding.
I worked at Amazon where I built software to optimize their online catalog selection. I then went over to AWS, where I was a founding software engineer on the team that launched Amazon Managed Blockchain in 2019.
I also started Sengage, a company in the live streaming space that built software for Twitch streamers and the technology for the Cash App Trivia gameshow. It became one of the most popular shows on Twitch in 2020 and reached up to 100k concurrent viewers per episode.
During college I was an undergraduate researcher in the University of Georgia Robotics lab and performed an internship at Adult Swim.
Some of my content has gone viral
- In 2020, I created DrDisrespectBot, a Twitter bot that tracked news updates on Dr. Disrespect, one of the most popular live streamers in the world. The account amassed a lot of attention within the gaming industry during his Twitch ban and was profiled by several media outlets including Forbes. I used a combination of big data ingestion and built automated workflows based on social media triggers to power its content feed.
- In 2021, I wrote a Twitter thread that analyzed and brought attention to a smart contract software exploit perpetuated by a lone developer that allowed them to profit $600k off of Adidas's first NFT sale. The post reached over 2 million people and was covered by news outlets such as Decrypt.
- In 2022, I covered the attempted hostile takeover of ApeDAO, a decentralized autonomous organization whos mission was to collect and curate highly sought-after NFTs, which I was previously a member of. My post was referenced by Business Insider and other outlets.
Writing and podcasts
- Twitter, Analysis of a recurring NFT exploit (Jul. 2022)
- Crypto Packaged Goods, Deciphering Smart Contracts (Jun. 2022)
- Mirror, A framework for personal web3 wallet security (May 2022)
- Twitter, NFT minting strategies and security best practices (Dec. 2021)
- Medium, NFTs will transform the creator economy (Feb. 2021)
- Medium, A Deep Dive into Game Integrations for Twitch (Feb. 2020)
- Medium, Retaining viewers on Twitch using Twitch Extensions (Jan. 2020)
- Medium, Using a web domain with an AWS load balancer (Jan. 2020)
I ❤️ making cool stuff
- In February 2023, when the Ordinals protocol was released on Bitcoin, I immediately setup a Bitcoin node and minted Travels, a small personal photography collection onto the Bitcoin blockchain.
- In September 2022, fabdarice and I launched NestedTrade, an open source decentralized protocol for buying and selling Moonbird NFTs on Ethereum. To date the protocol has facilitated ~$800k of trading volume. The protocol code is open sourced under the GPLv3 license.
- In March 2022, I collaborated with the artist Kuu to generate and launch Women with Vases. A generative digital art collection minted on Ethereum featuring her past ceramic work.
Get in touch
To get in touch, feel free to send me a dm on social media, or reach out directly here.